Monday, January 19, 2009

I Hate Basketball.

I am up much too early for this MLK Day. I always seem to wake up early on weekends and days off from school and can never go back to sleep. So, unlike all of you who are probably just waking up by now, or soon to be, I have been up for a solid 3 hours. Playing Fallout. With my dog. 

Anyways, last night was prettydecechillseshbackbrah? (In other words Hayden Cronesworth was involved). Jake, Hayden, and I watched some Hole in the Wall on ABC (bullshit television right there) and later went on down to 3 amigos, where which we saw Mr. Sheridan and Eddie McGilvra w/ Derek Jester. Not together of course, that would just be plain ridiculous. So, after that whole excursion, the night ended and I watched about 6 episodes of Man vs. Wild. 

Oh, and I know I'm backtracking in the day, but this story cannot go untold. So, about ohhh 3 or so weeks ago a couple buddies (Mike, Jake, Hayden, Cameron, and not Nolan because he's a fucker) and I were playing basketball at the Teen Center when we were approached about a Winter basketball league at the Teen Center. The guys name was Dan and quite frankly he smelled bad. Anyways, he gives all of the paperwork and I give him my number and we were all set to be the eighth team in the league, the Lakers. I even call up some other friends (T-Crown, Travis, Brady) and ask them to join in. Weeks unfold and finally, this Dan character decides to give me a call. He tells me that our team has a scrimmage on Sunday, mind you this is SATURDAY that he calls. There is no way we can get everyone there for the scrimmage the next day, so I figured it wouldn't be that big of a deal and that he would just call me if he had any troubles. So, our team shows up the next Sunday, as we were assigned, at 10 o'clock in the AM. We go in to get our uniforms and there is another team there talking to Dan. Basically, Dan assigned another team to the Lakers as well and completely bounced us out of the picture (no, that wasn't an intentional basketball pun). I wouldn't be so angry if he didn't tell us that everything was a go, the week before our "game". Somehow, we ended up staying at the Teen Center until Dan managed to get us on to a team called the "Untouchables". Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. They had a legitimate coach and everything and we were just a couple of guys looking to play some basketball on Sundays. But this guy was talking practices and conditioning and all kinds of other bullshit. What? It's the fucking Teen Center. Are you kidding? "Practice? We talkin' bout practice?? Not a game, not a game. Practice." -A.I.

So we played one game for this guy, got our asses kicked, and boned out. I think it's safe to say we're not showing up for any practices. Or games, for that matter.


Oh and just a quick tidbit about studying! It sucks. Cocks. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

3 comments:

  1. hhahahaahhahha.

    WTF IS WITH YOU NOT ANSWERING ME ABOUT STUDY SESHING, CODY?! !?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire blog (comments including) gave me total insight (i.e rude awakening) to a life I had not previously known existed. mmmhmm :) pleasent little surprises.

    ReplyDelete